Brenn

Brenn
Ladysmith beach day

Thursday, June 24, 2010

2 days wrapped up in one

Brenn had a good day yesterday, she had clinic in the morning which lasted a whomping 5 hours as they could not get a blood return from her VAD, after many different try's, an x-ray and some "draino" (blood thinner of some sort) they were finally able to get some blood to do her CBC. She got her LP and latest dose of chemo, the doctor used a very fine needle to puncture the membrane to retrieve her spinal fluid and to inject the chemo. Brenn had to lay flat for two hours afterward, as well was prescribed a cafe mocha in hopes that she would not get another weeks worth of spinal headaches. She hated the laying flat and after 3 sips of her specialty coffee she loved it....eeeekkkk. The rest of the day was spent watching a movie in our room and then dinner and craft night with a volunteer that comes once a week to do different projects. All in all a good day again.

This morning Uncle Alan came to spend sometime with Brenn, the house had passes for the suspension bridge and Brenn really wanted to go....so after calling our nurse to check Brenns' counts (as we did not stick around long after she gave blood to get her counts yesterday) Brenn and Uncle Alan headed for the bus. Yes that's right the BUS, Brenn's counts were so good she got the okay to ride public transit, she has really wanted to this since arriving in Vancouver. When arriving back at the house 4hours later I was informed that Brenn had a fantastic time. She spent her time walking around the bridges, climbing in the tree house and exploring the entire suspension grounds, as well she rode 3 buses, 2 sky trains and 1 sea bus. Tonight we will be having a Greek family dinner and both of us can hardly wait...yum yum. I have no doubt that Brenn will fall right in bed exhausted after her bath after such a fantastic day out with her great Uncle :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenn I miss you sooooooooo much. Seeing more and more about you every day just make me miss you even more, but I'm glad you are haveing some fun. I'm sorry to hear you had to stay still for so long but I'm sure that coffee tasted good. By the way your uncle sounds like the coolest guy I wish I could meet him. I just had to say somthing to you mostly because I couldn't stand not having contact with you, and not seeing you're beautiful smile. I'm glad to see you progressing and I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you along with my family and Cedars. Hope you get well soon.
    Love you tons, from you're big buddy Morgan.

    ReplyDelete