Brenn

Brenn
Ladysmith beach day

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday, May 23, 2010, Day 13

After a morning of food, TV, food, play and more food the family ventured out to Steveston for some exercise and fresh air. This being our first real outing to somewhere public, outdoors and safe from germs.....hummm probally not the best place to go on the Sunday of Maylong weekend, there were people everywhere. Scott and I tried not to panick as Brenn got out of the car she calmily looked around and said "I should wear my mask", and after doning the mickey mouse clubhouse mask off we all went. She avoided people as much as she could, she didn't touch anything, didn't ask or even really want to go in to any stores and only took her mask off to eat some of the most fantastic halibit and chips that I have ever tasted. Brenn tired after about an hour of looking at the fishing boats, browsing the fresh catch of the day and eating on the dock, she asked to go to get our food for dinner (yes you guessed it...fresh seafood) and then to go home. I went quickily off with Sam to grab some kettle corn leaving Scott and Brenn to grab the seafood from the fish store......big mistake.

During the car ride home Scott says "if I get the crab ready could you cook it and prepare the rest of dinner while I go for a run"......I get this uneasy feeling....hmmm ......I've never cooked fresh crab before I don't think I'm down with this.....and then as we're walking into the the kitchen he tells me that not only is the crab still alive but so are the prawns and the clams......yuck......no way am I killing ALL that seafood......so we cooked dinner together, preparing , killing and cooking. Brenn loved it, she watched the whole time while eating a predinner snack of veggies and dip. Her sister nowhere to be found, no doubtly enjoying the precious quiet time away from others as the other little people home in the house also enjoyed the seafood exgtravaganza , I am however not sure how the other parents feel about the newly aquired ocean smell in the house though....lol. After full belly's the Smith kidlets got ready for bed, had their stories and settled quite nicely in to bed a full half hour ahead of schedule. Maybe Stevston didn't turn out to be such a bad idea after all.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear your family had such a nice, almost normal day together. I don't think I would have cooked all that seafood myself either...LOL Your family is always on my mind in my heart and in my prayers... Love you all

    ReplyDelete