Brenn

Brenn
Ladysmith beach day

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday, May 15, 2010, Day 6

Christine stayed with Brenn last night, while I stayed out in Pitt Meadows with Samantha at my uncles house. It really was nice to stay at my uncles last night. His daughters came out to visit, and we had a really good time, just talking and being a family.

Brenns morning had some ups and downs. It really has been noticeable over the last couple days that her moods are really changing. One of the drugs she is on for the first month has a side affect that will change her moods for the worse. When she is tired now, she will actually yell at the nurses, and at us, but she really doesn't make much sence. Once she calms down, it is quite funny, but it is scarry as well, because she is scared and angry right now about what is happening to her, and what she now has to do to get better. I guess reality is setting in, however, no matter how many drugs we give her, and how long we have been in the hospital, I am still having trouble believing all this is real.

We did get some great news today, we will becoming outpatients sometime this coming week. At the beginning, we had been told that we may have been able to get out of the hospital by the end of this week...yesterday or today...early next week is great to though. We had Ciara (one of Brenns classmates) dad come by today and drop off a HUGE care package from Brenns class, and from Ciara herself. Brenn expecially liked your poster with all of your hands and writing on it and the Pringles. Thank you all very much and thank you for all your prayers. Brenn really misses all of you, and sure would like to see you all. She sends you her love, and is looking forward to seeing you all in the next school year.

Brenns counts on her blood were down across the board today. She is quite tired tonight, and went to bed early. She was asleep by 6:45. Hopefully she doesn't wake up to early tomorrow, because I am getting run down now as well.

Good night all, and thanks for your thoughts and prayers, we do really feel blessed to be surrounded by such loving and caring people.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Scott, Christine and Bren,
    I am Tony Romeyn, a friend of all the Board Members of Ospika Height, a previous board member.
    Ron made me aware of Bren having Luekimea.
    It is my sincere prayer that God would comfort and direct each of you. Bren I am promising you that my wife Rina and I will pray for you daily. That Jesus would sit at your side so that you will feel His warmth. That your pain will not be so bad. I also ask Jesus to look after your Mom and Dad and your sister.

    Scott and Christine, I too pray that our Heavenly Father would give you both the courage and strength you so desperately need at this time. As we pray for Bren, we pray for you. I ask Jesus to embrace you and hold you close so that you would daily feel His presense. That His Love over you would be deep.
    Please let me know how I can help.
    I can be reached by email at tony@windowsofhope.ca or my Cell at 250-613-6269.

    My God be ver present with all of you.
    With Love, Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Scott, Christine, Brenn, and Samantha,

    There won't be many who can say, "I think I know what you're going through..." but perhaps we know a little of your journey...

    It seems like a distant memory (well, maybe not *that* distant) that Sam was in the same hospital, the same ward, flew on the same jet, even had the same doctor. It was two years ago today that Sam was in the same place as Brenn. We've shared a few tears this week thinking about your family and remembering...

    The thing that sustained us (and continues to sustain us) was the Grace of God, evidenced in so many ways but especially in the hands of his people who loved us and cared for us during those difficult days. We continue to pray that God will bring people along side your family as you journey ahead.

    No doubt there are days you will think the journey can not be sustained. But you are not alone. God is real. God is here. God knows your days...

    Psalm 139 says:

    "I'm an open book to you; even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking. You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of your sight. You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence. I look behind me and you're there, then up ahead and you're there, too - your reassuring presence, coming and going." (the message)

    We saw God's presence in so many little ways, and some big ways too. He cares for you. He loves Brenn and walks with her every step of the way. God's faithfulness in these times is more true, more real, more evident...

    Know that we are praying for you and your family. Tell Brenn there is a boy at her school who knows just what she's going through. She can do it!

    The whole school community and the Westwood church family have you in our prayers.

    Love,

    The Goertzens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christine, Scott and Brenn,

    This is Stephanie in suite 115 at Ospika Heights. Ron posted your blog site to me last night. I am the one homeschooling our daughter Cassidy who was in Cedars last night.

    My heart aches for your family and what you are going through because my husband also had acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Philadelphia Positive chromosone) in 1999. I will never forget what he has gone through and so many things you have mentioned is something I remember going through. I remember the names of the drugs you mentioned (vincristine) and the lumbar punctures, etc. The blog site is a wonderfuly idea.

    I want to encourage you that God will be with you all in such a way you have never known. The verse that I always held on to was Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. I have many more scriptures that encouraged me and will find them for you.

    Your family will all be in our prayers. I am here anytime you may want to talk or have a question.

    Here is our phone number: (250) 964-4456 or email at jscass@telus.net

    With Love,
    The Routley Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Blog is a wonderful way to stay in touch with you and Brenn's progress during this unbelievable journey you are enduring. Know that I am thinking of you every day and praying that Brenn gets better soon. I wish that I was able to endure all of Brenn's pain and fears for her. I believe that God has a plan for each of us that we don't always understand but know that He won't leave your side during your time of need. He and all of Brenn's Angels are very close by to help you retain your strength, love and faith. Remember that when you start to feel you can't go on you can lean on your family, friends and God until you renew your strength. Please remember that I am here for ANYTHING you need. Please don't hesitate to ask. Tell Brenn I love her and I'm so glad I was able to see her. She is a beautiful little girl with a lovely soul. Hold on to each other for strength. I love you all!

    ReplyDelete