Brenn

Brenn
Ladysmith beach day

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Today was a rough day. Brenn, Sam and I woke up around 6:30 this morning, and both girls were tired as a result for the rest of the day. Both girls were quite cranky, and were really uninterested in doing anything all day. Brenn has been having a low grade fever for the past week or so, and we have been watching her quite closely to make sure that her fever didn't start getting to high. Her temperature has been running between 37.5 and 37.8 over the past week, and we are to call the hospital at 38. This morning, I checked her temperature, and again, her temperature was 37.5, so we went for a walk down to the Safeway to get some food for the day, and enjoyed the leaves and the chestnuts that had fallen out of the trees. The girls threw the chestnuts across the street, and collected some for Christine. Once we got back to RMH, the girls went about their normal routine, enjoying some craft time with some volunteers, and then watching a movie while I did our chores and some laundry. Once I was done, I came down to make some lunch. Brenn ate really well, and was asking for more, but I asked her to hold on for a few minutes while I finished the soup that I had made before I made her another sandwich. Brenn went into the TV room to continue watching the movie that they were playing. Right after I finished my soup, I went into the TV room to make sure that Brenn wanted her second sandwich, I put my hand on her head, and noticed it was really hot. Brenn had been displaying completely normal behavior, there was nothing apparently wrong, but when I checked her temperature, she was 39.2. I was really shocked! It was only 3 hours since I had checked her temperature the last time, and it had gone up 1.5 degrees. By the time I got her to the hospital, it had gone up another .2 degrees in only 15 minutes. It was really scary, but after checking her out really well, the doctors decided not to admit her, instead our social worker found us a hotel that we can stay in until her fever breaks. It is not really the best way to start the long weekend, and I have decided now not to go to Victoria this weekend for the half marathon that I had planned to run. Things change really quickly, and I am not surprised or disappointed about this weekend, and hopefully things will get better right away. We have to go back to the hospital tomorrow in order to get another bag of IV antibiotics, and hopefully the hospital will give is the okay to go back to RMH. As much as we want to be out of RMH from time to time, having to leave this way is difficult on the girls most of all. Please keep Brenn in your prayers tonight that her body will be able to fight off this bug, and we will be able to enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend with what has become our family at RMH.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment