Brenn

Brenn
Ladysmith beach day

Friday, September 3, 2010

So the last couple days have been a bit busy and hectic for the Smith girls.....yesterday I decided that we could all use a bit of pampering. I had receive a gift certificate for the Sheraton Wall Center spa a few months ago, and decided that it was time to use it. I called ahead of time to see if they would accommodate the three of us for manicures, the spa was more than helpful putting us in our own large room with two beds and two clinicians. Brenn had a 30min mini manicure, Sam a polish change with hand massage and I was able to get a full manicure in the time it took for the girls to get done....it was nice and relaxing and awesome to see that the girls really enjoyed it :) The girls really love Pho soup so we headed to North Van for some soup next, we had a nice long lunch and then headed back to RMH.

The girls really enjoy playing with the other children here but sometimes forget that they still have rules too follow, the girls and I really struggled the last part of the day, it really made me appreciate Scott and be thankful that the majority of Brenn's treatment we are a team and co-parent the girls on a daily basis. I really don't know how I would manage if I was here on my own with the girls. I have much admiration for the parents who are here on their own, this week has definitely been a huge eye opener for me and I am looking forward to Scott's return tomorrow.

Today Scott's uncle Allan came to take the girls on an outing so that I was able to attend an appointment at the hospital for Brenn and take some time for myself. I am amazed at the generosity of Scott's uncle with his time and energy when it comes to our family, he is truly a blessing sent from God. Uncle Allan and Auntie Nancy are always concerned about Scott and I getting time for our self so that we can keep healthy, so that we can effectively take care of Brenn and Sam. It's nice that they are here to take care of us as often we forgot to in the day to day things. The girls had a great time watching the planes come in at the airport on the observation deck, and having lunch. For the rest of the day Brenn was off playing with Hannah while Sam and I had some much need mommy daughter time cuddling and watching the Wiggles. We had a nice dinner with another family, the girls played with the volunteers and then went off to bed. I am taking sometime to relax before jumping into bed myself.....good night all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment